Republishing edited version of book published in 1962 in same name

My father wrote book in 1962 published by Oxford University Press India.Can I republish an edited version of this book in his name.

Yes certainly. If the the copyright of the book still persists in your father, then you may need to take his written permission. Also, what arrangement did his publisher have with him? In case of a subsisting copyright, you may need NOC from both the publisher and/or the author. If copyright has expired, then you may produce a new edkited work in a fresh presentation with due credit to the author.

Your query with a lot of assumptions may be responded in Yes. However, please note that I have assumed many things and it entirely depends on the exact facts and circumstances of your /Your father's situation.

Thanks,
Vivek

Popular Trademark & Copyright Lawyers