Republishing edited version of book published in 1962 in same name

My father wrote book in 1962 published by Oxford University Press India.Can I republish an edited version of this book in his name.

Answers (2)

261 votes

Yes certainly. If the the copyright of the book still persists in your father, then you may need to take his written permission. Also, what arrangement did his publisher have with him? In case of a subsisting copyright, you may need NOC from both the publisher and/or the author. If copyright has expired, then you may produce a new edkited work in a fresh presentation with due credit to the author.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

125 votes

Your query with a lot of assumptions may be responded in Yes. However, please note that I have assumed many things and it entirely depends on the exact facts and circumstances of your /Your father's situation.


Popular Trademark & Copyright Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
8 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Trademark & Copyright Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles