Legal action for trademark infringement of company logo & photos

Sir/madam iam a web designer and i have own web designing website if anyone copied my photos example:old photos of Local Area or my company Logo etc.what can i do and how much penality or charge to him maximum?

Answers (2)

198 votes

Under Indian law, however, you, under sections 55 and 58, can seek recovery of all three remedies, namely
(a) account of profits
(b) compensatory damages and
(c) conversion damages which are assessed on the basis of value of the article converted.

So, it all depends on case by case basis on how much damages you can claim from the other side.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

295 votes

You are not mentioned whether your logo has trademark patent or not.
If you have patent you have the right to sue. If you don't have registered at trademark, patents you have less chances to sue.
The following are the website to registration of trademark and patents.
2. www.Indian
International intellectual property rights website is
If you have any query please feel free to ask me.
Have a nice day

Popular Trademark & Copyright Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
8 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Trademark & Copyright Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles