Company manufacturing product similar to product already in market

Hi,  We establishing a company which manufactures a product very similar to one which is already in the Indian market with one of the corporate.The problem is it legal to manufacture it or not. The doubt is weather it is having any copyrights for the product or any patent for the product. We need a legal help for this

There is no restriction on you manufacturing a product very similar to the one that is available in Indian market.
However you cannot copy the same design of the product that is Intellectual property/ Patent protected.
In order to check whether there exists any Intellectual property/Patent protection, a search is required to be made in IP database and based on search , a good IP lawyer can help you. You can check in www.ipindia.nic.in to see whether there exists any IP /patent protection for the product that you intend to manufacture.

Corporate company manufactures products legally with trademark and patent rights.you are not mentioned the product in the question.

Any one manufacturing similar products with out legal clearance was liable to punishment. If you are establishing a company for a particular product please check the legal clearance for trademark and patent.
Intellectual Property Rights are very strong now a days.
If you want to know more about intellectual property rights please go through the following website.
www.ipindia.nic.in
If you have any query, please send me mail.
Thank you.
Have a nice day

Popular Trademark & Copyright Lawyers

Dr. Sudhir Ravindran
Guindy, Chennai

Yes your act has constitute an offence under Patents Act or Trade Marks Act or Copy tight Act. So it's better not to indulge in such activities. Because Ignorance of law is of no excuse.Hence take consultation ..of an advocate.