Can t-shirt with super hero pictures amount to infringement of TM

hi, I am starting a small t-shirt printing business, I am planning to design my t shirts with famous comic hero logos like superman,iron man, harry potter, star wars and such fandoms. can i use the logos as such, or will is it illegal to copy them as such.

There have been instances in the past where DC has sued certain companies for using their super hero designs in US. Intellectual property violations are not taken seriously in India, therefore as long as you maintain a low profile, there maynot be any problem.

To answer your question in specific, it is illegal to copy their designs which may amount to corresponding intellectual property violations. However there are certain legal ways of carrying out the same business by obtaining necessary licenses and permission. You can contact me through the details provided herein for a detailed discussion.

Usage of TradeMarks or Copyright Materials on T-Shirts amounts to Copyright Infringement. Unless and until you have a written waiver, you will have to enter into a Licensing Agreement with such trademark/copyright holders, else you will be liable for costs for such infringements. There are many sellers in local markets who do this blunder and sell such infringed products at low cost, they roam free because they are either untraceable or the TradeMark holders haven't really considered them a major prey to catch. But, if you are planning to start a legitimate business and sustain it for a long time, I would highly urge that you refrain from using ANY copyrighted material for that matter, and stick only to "Original Art" or Licensed Art from 3rd party designers.

Popular Trademark & Copyright Lawyers

Just like patents and trademarks even designs have copyrights and you are going to design a t shirt and that design also comes under IP R rules. Almost all famous logos have been covered under copy right and when you are reproducing it results infringement.