What initial steps are required to make a complaint in consumer court?

What are the initial steps that I should take to for filing a complaint in the consumer court against the company for their poor services?

Answer

First, send the company a legal notice through an advocate regarding deficiency in their services and seek compensation for the mental agony you suffered.

Then, if no reply is received you can file a complaint with consumer disputes redressal forum, in the complaint state detailed facts of case, correspondence exchanged via emails, reliefs claimed.

You can file a complaint on your own and it is not necessary to engage a lawyer.