What initial steps are required to make a complaint in consumer court?

What are the initial steps that I should take to for filing a complaint in the consumer court against the company for their poor services?


First, send the company a legal notice through an advocate regarding deficiency in their services and seek compensation for the mental agony you suffered.

Then, if no reply is received you can file a complaint with consumer disputes redressal forum, in the complaint state detailed facts of case, correspondence exchanged via emails, reliefs claimed.

You can file a complaint on your own and it is not necessary to engage a lawyer. 


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.5 | 16 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Notice for Faulty Product / Services

4.4 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Consumer Dispute Advice Session by Phone

4.6 | 77 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your consumer dispute issue
Similar questions

Sir I am doing BA English through IGNOU. I already completed 2 years of my degree. Now i need to take re-re-registration for my 3rd year theough onlin…

Read More

I orederd a hp printer online by paytm as opened it was found defective e by HP technitian it took atlesst one month to declared dead on arrival by cu…

Read More

Hi, I have purchased a flat in Jaypee Kosmos in 2011 with Possession date as 2015 and i have paid all the premiums except the last one (95%) 2 years b…

Read More

i hired a rental Figo at Zoomcar at Bangalore for a trip to Mysore.i reached there in the evening. When i started the car again next morning and drove…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue