Procedure to file a debt recovery case in NCLT

I have filed a debt recovery case against a steel firm (Rashmi Metallic Pvt. ltd) in kolkata civil court in March'2016. Now i would like to file a fresh case as per NCLT. Can i do that. What is the process for doing that.

Answers (1)

You have not written all the relevant facts to answer your question in proper manner viz. (1) under which law the company is registered (under Companies Act of 1956 or 2013); (2) how much amount the company owe you; (3) where does the company's registered office exists.

Yes you can file a petition for compulsory winding up simultaneously to the civil suit. But before filing of the winding up petition a statutory (legal) notice is required to be sent to the company. Where the winding up petition can be filed viz. High Court of NCLT can be answered only after getting the answers of the the question I asked herein.

You can respond the questions I asked to my e-mail and further advise can be given through video conferencing.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

1) I have obtained some public documents thru RTI, The Documents has been stamped as "UNDER RTI ACT", Is this documents is valid to submit i…

Read More

3 years back. I have done gym investment in fitness equipment. But I didn't received any bills of the equipment I purchased. Also i have done bank…

Read More

LeEco super3 x65 4K UHD android TV purchased from FLIPKART. TV has 4 years warranty.just after 6 months 27 days developed technical issue ``A VERTICAL…

Read More

dear sir/maam thank you all for providing proper advice for the query posted the builder has not paid the compensation as per the order fr…

Read More