Khata not transferred months after apartment registration by builder

I had booked an apartment at Bangalore which was finally registered in my name in June 2017. Now the builder does not respond to queries on Khata transfer to my name. Same is the case for other owners. He has kept the complete control of the whole apartment building with him. He charges resellers of the apartments a transfer fee (in lakhs of rupees). Also, he wants owners to deposit with him a "security deposit" whenever they wish to get interiors work done. Please guide as to how the apartment owners can get these issues sorted out. Will approaching RERA (or which other authority?) help? Thanx in advance.

Answers (2)

194 votes

Kindly find out in your agreement, their will be one or two clauses regarding khata transfer in your name ,in case if they have taken responsibility of getting it transferred then they take time to do the transfer work, with regard to security deposit it is better to ask him how it is applicable, in case if other tenements have deposited the security deposit and taken acknowledgement then it is good and you have to follow the others also find out and do this.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

168 votes

Please file a consumer complaint along with others and seek for damages. file a civil suit against builder to transfer khata to you people name. Before that send him legal notice along with others. Also file criminal complaint in jurisdiction police for cheating and extortion against builder collectively.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles