Fees refund after cancellation of admission

I took admission for my son in GITAM UNIVERSITY on 15.06.2017 and paid the full fee. Subsequently my son got admission in Andhra university and I cancelled the admission on 22.06.2017. When I approached them for certificates they made me write one letter stating that I will not make any claim towards fees in future and cancelled my admission . Afterwards I made several personal visits to them for the refund of fee , initially they were willing to refund the fee and told to refund after all the admissions are over. After that they are giving some petty reasons and the fee is not been refunded till now. I have not put anything in writing as they are listening and giving me assurance for the refund. And I don't know whether my case comes under consumer griveance / civil one ?

Dear sir,

Your case certainly comes under the preview of Consumer Protection Act. First of all, issue a Legal Notice to the university through a lawyer and claim refund of the due money. If the university do not refund back your money, file a consumer complaint with the jurisdictional consumer court. However, it is not mandatory to issue a legal notice first to the university to approach consumer court, it is completely your call whether to issue a legal notice first and then approach consumer forum. You can directly file a consumer complaint in the consumer forum against the university for deficiency of service.

in the first place, issue a legal notice to refund the the entire fee within 15 days, if the university doesn't adhere to the legal notice, then file a case against GITAM university before the jurisdictional consumer forum