Fees refund after cancellation of admission

I took admission for my son in GITAM UNIVERSITY on 15.06.2017 and paid the full fee. Subsequently my son got admission in Andhra university and I cancelled the admission on 22.06.2017. When I approached them for certificates they made me write one letter stating that I will not make any claim towards fees in future and cancelled my admission . Afterwards I made several personal visits to them for the refund of fee , initially they were willing to refund the fee and told to refund after all the admissions are over. After that they are giving some petty reasons and the fee is not been refunded till now. I have not put anything in writing as they are listening and giving me assurance for the refund. And I don't know whether my case comes under consumer griveance / civil one ?

Answers (2)

53 votes

Dear sir,

Your case certainly comes under the preview of Consumer Protection Act. First of all, issue a Legal Notice to the university through a lawyer and claim refund of the due money. If the university do not refund back your money, file a consumer complaint with the jurisdictional consumer court. However, it is not mandatory to issue a legal notice first to the university to approach consumer court, it is completely your call whether to issue a legal notice first and then approach consumer forum. You can directly file a consumer complaint in the consumer forum against the university for deficiency of service.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

176 votes

in the first place, issue a legal notice to refund the the entire fee within 15 days, if the university doesn't adhere to the legal notice, then file a case against GITAM university before the jurisdictional consumer forum

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles