Complaint against ISP threatening to disconnect internet connection

My ISP(Internet Service Provider) is violating TCCR, 2012 regulation by TRAI and I am also not satisfied with their service. I lodged complaints to the helpline multiple times but didn't get any solution. I tried to reach higher officials of the company and TRAI. Now the ISP is threatening to disconnect my connection. They are pressurising my LCO (Local Cable Operator who provides the last mile infrastructure) to disconnect my service. Now, in my area, only that single ISP is providing internet and I have no option to shift to another provider. My current plan expires on Nov'18. I can go to consumer court after they take any step against me (eg: disconnect) but it will take time to resolve the issue in court. Meanwhile, I will have no internet access. What should I do now? The company is violating multiple regulations and it is affecting lots of consumers. I will continue to fight against their malpractices but I want to make my side secure first.

Answers (2)

You have to file a complaint case before the respective consumer forum before them. If you file the case before them, then you might be entitled to your respective remedy for the same. I must suggest you that you should file the case as early as possible.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You may not go to the Consumer Forum as this matter lacks 'Cause of action', but you can for sure approach the concerned State Government Consumer Department and request for a conciliation. Like we had in West Bengal. Apart, think of arising a cause of action at first then only you can approach the proper forum.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
23 years Experience

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

15 Minutes Consumer Dispute Advice Session by Phone

4.6 | 77 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your consumer dispute issue
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.5 | 16 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Notice for Faulty Product / Services

4.4 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Similar questions

Is it possible for restaurants to sell cool drink like Pepsi above MRP rate at any circumstance? If anyone does like that what can I do to get it in M…

Read More

we are not getting water supply from DJb. officials are not hearing/helping us. what legal action could be taken against the department…

Read More

Hi, About 10 of us have filed a joint complaint against a Bangalore builder (project has 1000+ apartments) with NCDRC in April 2016 seeking loss, da…

Read More


Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue