Complaint against ISP threatening to disconnect internet connection

My ISP(Internet Service Provider) is violating TCCR, 2012 regulation by TRAI and I am also not satisfied with their service. I lodged complaints to the helpline multiple times but didn't get any solution. I tried to reach higher officials of the company and TRAI. Now the ISP is threatening to disconnect my connection. They are pressurising my LCO (Local Cable Operator who provides the last mile infrastructure) to disconnect my service. Now, in my area, only that single ISP is providing internet and I have no option to shift to another provider. My current plan expires on Nov'18. I can go to consumer court after they take any step against me (eg: disconnect) but it will take time to resolve the issue in court. Meanwhile, I will have no internet access. What should I do now? The company is violating multiple regulations and it is affecting lots of consumers. I will continue to fight against their malpractices but I want to make my side secure first.

You have to file a complaint case before the respective consumer forum before them. If you file the case before them, then you might be entitled to your respective remedy for the same. I must suggest you that you should file the case as early as possible.

You may not go to the Consumer Forum as this matter lacks 'Cause of action', but you can for sure approach the concerned State Government Consumer Department and request for a conciliation. Like we had in West Bengal. Apart, think of arising a cause of action at first then only you can approach the proper forum.

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore