Can case be filed against the builder for mental harassment

builder is not start the work after development agreement past 10 yrs please tell me i can filled a suit for mentally harassment if yes then where and how much in redevelopment

Answers (2)

350 votes

Your query is incomplete, need more details, have you given land for development..? what was terms and condition of the DA, is there any case/dispute pending on the land..? what was the time period given by developer to develop the land..? is your DA based on Revenue sharing, or area sharing..?

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

119 votes

Against builder you can file case before RERA, if builder registered under rera.
If not then take him consumer court and you should pray before consumer court
You have too specifically mentioned in the prayer clause regarding mental harassment.
Court generally allow if feel genuine upto 50000 not more than that.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles