Can an organization sue me if a give a bad review to them on internet

So I gave a bad review (1 star) to this organisation called "the calculus" on Google maps ,and explained why I don't like it,it was a long 2-3 paragraph review,so after a month they send me a legal notice stating I will have to pay 25lacks and remove review from Google ,is it possible? I have removed my review for time being but I believe that if I don't like the quality of service then I can write a bad review ,I do have screenshot of whole review still with with along will their legal notice,so can they really sue me over it?

Answers (3)

238 votes

Your giving bad review (1 star) to this organisation called "the calculus" on Google maps,and also explaining your point of view establishes your credibility as a user(dissatisfied). You did the right job and making other users about the flaws. You did a good job they should have taken that in good spirit and improved their services instead of sending you a legal notice which is devoid of any value. You can approach consumer forum for this arm twisting instead of removing your views. This legal notice along with the snapshot will work in your favour. No need to be afraid, guns have been given to you to go blazing against them. No worries,rather you can take steps against them

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

81 votes

If that review or suggestion is only regarding the quality of the their work then they can't take any legal action against you but if you have used any offensive or bad language in that review or suggestion then the company can take action u under cyber laws or any other law as applicable.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
170 votes

For the query you posted, I would suggest the following:

In accordance with the legal notice sent by the, pursuant to the review you gave can conclude to legal proceedings under defamatory laws.

You need to immediately hire a legal professional before they start such proceedings against you and any ex parte order follows.

I hope this answers your question.

M. Faris

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles