Builder asking for Money for Electricity transformer again

I have purchased a ready to move flat in 2394000 rs in jan,2016 . Builder asked 25000 for electric transformer apart from that ,i gave it in cash and received the NOC .But with no money reciept. Now after 7 month of registration he is asking the same again for electric transformer .what should i do?

Answers (1)

135 votes

The person should let the builder know about the grievance and send a notice to the builder in writing.
The builder may refuse to accept the notice. Even in that case also there is nothing to be scared of. The proof of the notice i.e. the copy of the notice is to be retained and should be sent by registered post or Under Postal Certificate. The proof of the sending should also be retained.
The evidence of sending the notice is legitimate in the Consumer Court under Section 28A (3) of the Consumer Protection (Amendment) Act of 2002 and will be affirmed as the notice has been suitably served.
Any person can file a complaint against the builder, developer, housing with the consumer court under the following circumstances:

Delivered a house that does not comply with the specifications agreed upon.
Did not provide for free parking space within the compound / complex.
Charged higher than agreed amount.
Did not form co-operative housing society and handed it over to its members.
Did not provide for water storage tank.
Did not give a receipt against the paid amount.
Did not provide for enough ventilation and light.
Delivered a poor quality construction.
Did not deliver the house within the agreed time limit. If time limit not mentioned, it is assumed that the construction will be finished within maximum of 2 years from the date of start of work.
Did not give accounts for the expenses against which the builder has collected money, i.e. maintenance, electrical installations (transformer), etc.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles