Will parents property be attached as Court ordered Son to pay 80lacs

My son met with an accident and there is an order from court to pay 80 lacs he had an insurance that had expired. My son does not holds any property in his name neither has transfered any property, he is major. Will my property be attached in this decree if he does not has any means to pay.

it depends if the property was self own property then it can not be attached....but if the property was ancestral them it can be attach...................................................................

First of all wee need to look that what sort of liability it is. There are various circumstances where he may be requied to pay on his own. But in some cases he may have to pay it from the parents property. In many cases property of the parents is taken for recovery

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi