Will parents property be attached as Court ordered Son to pay 80lacs

My son met with an accident and there is an order from court to pay 80 lacs he had an insurance that had expired. My son does not holds any property in his name neither has transfered any property, he is major. Will my property be attached in this decree if he does not has any means to pay.

Answers (2)

240 votes

it depends if the property was self own property then it can not be attached....but if the property was ancestral them it can be attach...................................................................

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

234 votes

First of all wee need to look that what sort of liability it is. There are various circumstances where he may be requied to pay on his own. But in some cases he may have to pay it from the parents property. In many cases property of the parents is taken for recovery

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles