What to do if party doesn't reply after receiving notice from court

Sir, I have appealed a civil case promissory note case confiring the decree in 2013 The party has not responded despite of receiving the notice ..and the listing date was 18/01/2017 So will the high court give him more time to respond or is there any cut off time for the party to respond can you pls explain in detail and what can be my future in this case

usually there would not be any adjournments in high courts just like lower courts and if the matter is listed and came up for hearing your counsel must be ready for telling the hearing and matter will be decided expediently

See generally the notice is issued three times and if the respondent doesn't appear even after repeated notice, the proceedings can initiated ex-parte that is without the appearance of Respondent. In such a scenario, the respondent will be left defenseless. However, in certain circumstances, courts even set aside ex-parte proceedings on genuine grounds.

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow