What to do if party doesn't reply after receiving notice from court

Sir, I have appealed a civil case promissory note case confiring the decree in 2013 The party has not responded despite of receiving the notice ..and the listing date was 18/01/2017 So will the high court give him more time to respond or is there any cut off time for the party to respond can you pls explain in detail and what can be my future in this case

Answers (2)

usually there would not be any adjournments in high courts just like lower courts and if the matter is listed and came up for hearing your counsel must be ready for telling the hearing and matter will be decided expediently

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

See generally the notice is issued three times and if the respondent doesn't appear even after repeated notice, the proceedings can initiated ex-parte that is without the appearance of Respondent. In such a scenario, the respondent will be left defenseless. However, in certain circumstances, courts even set aside ex-parte proceedings on genuine grounds.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I filed a suit for getting my house vacated by tenant.The tenant was the previous house owner.I had registered GPA and all documents and a rent agreem…

Read More

Learned Advocates, One of my friend was a accused in 138 case where he had given 10 cheques each of Rs 100000,  The complainant had filed 10 comp…

Read More

I am posted as junior engineer ( distribution) three month ago after 6 month of training and successful appraisal . but now in probation period . in M…

Read More

Can I add new facts in LPA to satisfy the judge? My civil writ petition has been dismissed. Now I am going to file letter patent appeal(LPA) in high c…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue