What to do if i was forced into a marriage

A person not interested to get married but parents had use unduinfluence on a person especially from mothers brother side family. They spoiled my carrier by doing marriage to me what can I do sir. If I go to police station what happen

Answers (2)

123 votes

If the said marriage is against your wish and you are sure to come out of the sacred relationship of marriage, you can filed for divorce/ annulment under the personal law that you belong to, which has to be filed before the family court. Police will have no role to play in such matter.If your consent was obtained by coercion, the court can declare the marriage as void. Take early steps, to avoid future complications.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

333 votes

If you are major, then you can approach the concerned police and give a detailed complaint against the persons who are forcing you for the marriage. Do not spoil your life to get marry with an uninterested person. You can take police protection also in this regard. Please note that you are the above age of 18 years.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles