What legal action taken by wife on filing for divorce?

I am from bangladesh, married a girl from India. Did not registered our marriage. It was social marriage. We are having problems related to understanding each others. Now I want to get separated. Can my wife file a case against me? We did not even spend three months together. We did not have any physical relation also

yes, she can and if you want to leave her. you will have to give her divorce from court. Non registration of marriage can not declare the marriage void. she is your legally wedded wife. refusal to consummate is a ground for divorce.

Sir,

In India women are given a little protection so it is high chance that you may face Procecution if sufficient ground are available. So it seems that as long as you are in Bangladesh you are safe. But in your case it seems that you can file a nullity of marriage. You may further contact me for a more specific relief.

Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi