What legal action taken by wife on filing for divorce?

I am from bangladesh, married a girl from India. Did not registered our marriage. It was social marriage. We are having problems related to understanding each others. Now I want to get separated. Can my wife file a case against me? We did not even spend three months together. We did not have any physical relation also

Answers (2)

321 votes

yes, she can and if you want to leave her. you will have to give her divorce from court. Non registration of marriage can not declare the marriage void. she is your legally wedded wife. refusal to consummate is a ground for divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

270 votes


In India women are given a little protection so it is high chance that you may face Procecution if sufficient ground are available. So it seems that as long as you are in Bangladesh you are safe. But in your case it seems that you can file a nullity of marriage. You may further contact me for a more specific relief.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles