What action can the state take in case of traffic rules violation

Delhi traffic police issued a challan against me for violation of traffic light.I have to appear in the patiala house court tommorow. Is there is any serious situation that i have to fear of or just i have to appear before the judge and have to aacept my mistake and pay the fine that court will impound on me .i am preparing for civil services , is there any situation that can harm my carrer?

there is no serious situation related with your current predicament. you should just go and and appear before the concerned court and pay the amount imposed on you. if you so choose you may also take help of a counsel dealing in challans so that things may go smooother.

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow