Unable to collect my reward money on time want to take it now

in 2011 March Money was awarded by National Insurance company Ltd . The amount was divided by two , between my myself and sister . My sister collected her amount by cheque but I could not collect that time because I do job outside of Kolkata . Later after 6 months , when I meet lawyer to collect cheque. But he refused to give the money . Till now I did not get money. How do I get my part of compensation

Answers (1)

153 votes

Send a written request to the lawyer detailing the transaction and demand your cheque in a time bound manner. Send the same by Speed Post. Wait for 21 days after receipt of notice. If the payment doesn't come through, approach the Bar Council s/he is enrolled with to file a formal complaint.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles