Unable to collect my reward money on time want to take it now

in 2011 March Money was awarded by National Insurance company Ltd . The amount was divided by two , between my myself and sister . My sister collected her amount by cheque but I could not collect that time because I do job outside of Kolkata . Later after 6 months , when I meet lawyer to collect cheque. But he refused to give the money . Till now I did not get money. How do I get my part of compensation

Send a written request to the lawyer detailing the transaction and demand your cheque in a time bound manner. Send the same by Speed Post. Wait for 21 days after receipt of notice. If the payment doesn't come through, approach the Bar Council s/he is enrolled with to file a formal complaint.

Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi