Super market in an apartment. Sudden notice to vacant.

I am running a super market in an apartment. The contract was with builder for one year. one year later the apartment came under association. I approached the association for renewal of contract but as that was temporary association they ask me to hold on. later on the association got dismissed due to internal issues. after few months new association formed. I request for renewal but in reply they sent me notice to vacate the store in one month putting false allegations that complaints from residents. I took a poll with residents but poll was deleted by association members twice. through the residents are supporting me the secretory of association is very rigid and said I will not allow you to run the store. he defamed me in all residents group and harassed me verbally. I have done lot of investments and cannot vacate the store to satisfy the ego of one person. I have multiple mails from residents that they have no issues with me running the store. need advise on how to manage.

Answers (2)

70 votes

You can submit a formal application to the Association for renewal and wait for them to reject it in order to take it legally. however they are not bound to give you the contract as your contract has expired and the Association has right to reject.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

161 votes

I presume that you have a written agreement with the builder, and also a copy of bye law of association. you can get a stay from civil court. notice issued to you requires study. also u better reply to the notice appropriately.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles