Residents right to information of how fund collected by RWA is spent

In Civil Law
Our apartment complex has around 100 flats and in addition to the maintenance which is currently 2k per month, the association keeps collecting money for various reasons. Water tanker supply at 2k per month in summer, Bore well digging - 1K per flat one time etc. The amount collected seems exhorbitant considering the number of tankers that come per day. Similarly, though quite of few of us have advised the RWA against digging another bore well this year (yes, they did dig one last year), the association has unilaterally passed a resolution that they will dig a bore well and demanding that the residents pay 1k immediately. Also last year, looks like not all residents made the 2K payment for water and the RWA is not disclosing any details. No clue as to what the actual money collection or spend is. And this year they started with 2K + 3K for water from March itself! What can we do to get the financial details from the RWA?

Answers (1)

196 votes

Right to information act specifically applies only to public a thorough T is. Public authorities in the centre government officials. You cannot ask the association to disclose certain information as per the Right to information act. However the legal remedy available to you is to approach the court Get to stay for further barrel digging. With regard to the accounts details which you are required to see, the welfare Association will be found only by way of election. During the said election in the general body meeting you can question the same along with a few supporters who are residing in the same area so that they have to unnecessarily submit the accounts. In case you find any infirmity in the accounts submitted by them, you can file a case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
14 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
23 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles