Refusal of delivery of Legal Notice

It is a Apartment Maintenance Issue. The Previously Maintenance Charges defaulter people had taken over the society Office matter in their hand by claiming majority. Few Peoples had refused to give Maintenance charges to these Peoples NOW. NOW the Defaulter peoples had issued a Legal Notice to few NON-Payers of Maintenance charges. The Legal Notice is NOT given to the Resident of the particular FLAT members. It is informed by Postman that he will deliver the NOTICE to the Particular Person only and NOT to any other relative or person in that house. HOW Legal it is to serve the Notice ONLY to a Particular person. If the Postman Always come at 3:00 PM in afternoon, when most the person were out of resident on their JOB. AND ask to collect from Post office. HOW we are responsible, if the post man insist to deliver to that particular person only and NOT to spouse at Home. People are ready to receive the NOTICE. Whether Still it will be treated as the Refusal of accepting a NOTICE.

Answers (1)

221 votes

If it is registered notice then it is the responsibility of post men to deliver to that person only, if he doesn't find that person then he will keep note of that to take it within 3, 4 days. That person will have to contact to that Post office. If that person doesn't take itbin ghis circumstances then he will give report accordingly.postmen may give refusal note because it was knowledge with that person , and it confirms that he is residing on that address. If justifiable cause explained to postmen of non presence of that particular person he may give different remarks.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles