Refusal of delivery of Legal Notice

It is a Apartment Maintenance Issue. The Previously Maintenance Charges defaulter people had taken over the society Office matter in their hand by claiming majority. Few Peoples had refused to give Maintenance charges to these Peoples NOW. NOW the Defaulter peoples had issued a Legal Notice to few NON-Payers of Maintenance charges. The Legal Notice is NOT given to the Resident of the particular FLAT members. It is informed by Postman that he will deliver the NOTICE to the Particular Person only and NOT to any other relative or person in that house. HOW Legal it is to serve the Notice ONLY to a Particular person. If the Postman Always come at 3:00 PM in afternoon, when most the person were out of resident on their JOB. AND ask to collect from Post office. HOW we are responsible, if the post man insist to deliver to that particular person only and NOT to spouse at Home. People are ready to receive the NOTICE. Whether Still it will be treated as the Refusal of accepting a NOTICE.

Postman is right at his job, he cannot serve notice to a person other than noticee, However postman intimate to collect notice from concern post office within specified duration (15 days), if noticee didn't collect notice in given time, post man will return it to sender with remark "Refused to collect" which means Notice have been served to the noticee but he rejected to accept, Hence it is Legally Served Notice and sender can initiate further proceeding.

For any kind of legal service in law service kindly visit or contacts as at

Advocate gurchal and Associate law services office number 5, Sai Dham complex, landewadi, Bhosari, Pune

If it is registered notice then it is the responsibility of post men to deliver to that person only, if he doesn't find that person then he will keep note of that to take it within 3, 4 days. That person will have to contact to that Post office. If that person doesn't take itbin ghis circumstances then he will give report accordingly.postmen may give refusal note because it was knowledge with that person , and it confirms that he is residing on that address. If justifiable cause explained to postmen of non presence of that particular person he may give different remarks.
Thanks

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow