Procedure to file complaint for breach of contract.

please advice .if a party give false promises in manifesto can we file a case against the party how and where please tell.

Answers (3)

261 votes

I have come across many cases like this. You should immediately lodge a complaint in the nearest police station of your area.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

95 votes

In case you are referring to party being a Company- one can initiate action under Sections 447 and 448 of the Companies Act,2013.

In case you are referring to a falsw promise made by a political party- the said promise is unfortunately not legally enforceable. But if specific details are available a PIL can be explored.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Vivek Sharma
Govindpuram, Ghaziabad
5 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
191 votes

Suit for damages, suit for specific performance, suit for injunction, suit for recission, punitive damages. Your case may be dealt in two acts i.e. specific relief act 1963 and indian contract act 1872. Contract is a legal document which binds both the parties with legal set of right and obligations.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles