Procedure for conversion of residential property into commercial

Hi We have a property in L a residential one. We need to convert to commercial. what is the process and what is the difference in property tax ?

hello,
Check with nearest BBMP office if this can be commercially converted. IF so, there is a processing fee and higher taxes. You can plan for shops or any permissible commercial activities.
Commercial viability to the authority depends on the width of the plot. The discretion to convert a residential plot to a commercial plot is with development authorities like BBMP/BDA/BMRDA/APA/HPA etc. If the plot is facing a 60ft wide road or higher width, it's a lot easier to obtain commercial approval.
There is Comprehensive Development Plan (CDP) which clears demarcates commercial and residential areas. Don't try to convert any residential area property into commercial. It will lead to a lot of harassment and legal issues and BBMP guys will squeeze your blood out of you. If the road is 40ft and above, there is a chance of commercial. Check CDP for clarity.

Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur