Procedure for conversion of residential property into commercial

Hi We have a property in L a residential one. We need to convert to commercial. what is the process and what is the difference in property tax ?

Answers (1)

Check with nearest BBMP office if this can be commercially converted. IF so, there is a processing fee and higher taxes. You can plan for shops or any permissible commercial activities.
Commercial viability to the authority depends on the width of the plot. The discretion to convert a residential plot to a commercial plot is with development authorities like BBMP/BDA/BMRDA/APA/HPA etc. If the plot is facing a 60ft wide road or higher width, it's a lot easier to obtain commercial approval.
There is Comprehensive Development Plan (CDP) which clears demarcates commercial and residential areas. Don't try to convert any residential area property into commercial. It will lead to a lot of harassment and legal issues and BBMP guys will squeeze your blood out of you. If the road is 40ft and above, there is a chance of commercial. Check CDP for clarity.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
11 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

how to purchase a property whose seller parents have been died and the property is still stands on his parents name since 1971 and doesn't have an…

Read More

My father's grandpa had 2 wives n total six sons he died without any will . My grandpa used 2 live in a house n still my Chacha n TAUJI r utilizin…

Read More

Humara neighbor Jo interfere krta hai humare constructed house main.humara house k sare document legal and approved tehsil s. Es k bawajood bhi hum ag…

Read More

There is illegal dairy farm running in a residential area. When we complained about it the authorized personal came but did not take any action. What …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue