Neighbor take stay order on construction after demarcation of land

Can my Neighbour take stay on my construction if we have already completed demarcation of land saying that I m doing construction in his land

Answers (2)

223 votes

Off course, your neighbour can seek for ad interim relief but you will also be afforded reasonable opportunity of being heard by the court. Don't lose heart, you can effectively controvert the allegations on the basis of which stay is granted to your neighbour. I think, he must have taken ex parte stay and its not yet absolute. Thus, as and when you receive summon, attend the court on date fixed and plead.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

174 votes

If you are constructing on his land obviously he can procure stay orders against you but if you are not then. He can't and in case he gets a stay order concealing the ownership from the court, you can contest the stay application and get the order reversed

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles