Maintainability of Partition suit filed on same matter

Building acquired under land acquisition act 1894 which is stand in the name of my maternal grandmother she is no more and my mother and her elder sister are the legal hairs both are deiced. My mother sister filed W.P. regarding acquisition and after her death all of her legal hairs came on record then they gone up to supreme court lost the case, after position taken by the state, I filed case under 18 (3-b) of karnataka land acquisition act and my cousins implead for the same we last in the civil court then I gone to high court and got redirect the case to the civil court my cousins not participate in the higher court and then they kept quiet after words I got the favorable order and filed reference case under 18(1) got the decree in the favor of my mother legal hires know my cousins filed a partition suit is it maintainable ? kindly give the remedy.hindu

Answers (1)

Though this appears to ticklish question you may have to clarify some points
In the section 18(0) case whether your cousins filed any objection statement, if so did they make any claim in respect of the compensation amount
Even otherwise the property originally belonged to your maternal grand father as such both his daughters or their legal heirs have equal rights over the property
If things are argued this way they may stand to gain and suit would be maintainable May be it is your efforts that has yielded fruit still in law they are also entitled to a share That is law applicable to Hindus

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My husband filed mutual divorce ground on cruelty posed to him? Actually he wants to get rid of me n my girl baby who is deformity? What should be don…

Read More

I had taught an IT course to a guy who came to through a common friend's reference and helped him in getting the job ,resume preparation etc.I wor…

Read More

Sir I have 150 sq yards house beside my father's brother stays he's trying to grab some land from me due to threat I fenced entire land but on…

Read More

Hello sir/mam we are running a society 1 year ago we had increased the no,s of members of the society from 7 to 12 to get the working area of society …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue