Legal remedy for damage to irrigation waterline by neighbour

The owner of my adjoining agricultural land had converted his farmland to residential plots and has sold them. As we were using a common irrigation pipeline half of which is buried and the remaining half is an open 3' canal, my neighboring farmland owner agreed not to touch or modify the irrigation water line. Recently one of the purchasers of the plot commenced escavation activity for their house construction and damaged the underground pipeline and a small distribution tank. This was done even after my repeated plea not to carry out the escavation as it might damage the buried water line. However they did not listen and finally damaged the pipeline and destroyed the distribution tank. Now I'm put to hardship as I cannot irrigate my farm. I took this case with police and they had asked the site owner to fix the pipeline and water canal. But the owner of the site is in no mood to accept it. I seek your advice on how to proceed on this. Should I lodge a criminal conspiracy complaint?

Answers (1)

191 votes

Immediately file a civil suit in the court seeking a stay on the construction of the house based on your easementary rights. The suit must be filed against the present plot owner. |||||||||||||||||||.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Vivek Sharma
Govindpuram, Ghaziabad
5 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles