Legal action against running a factory in a residential area

Can a factory( Bakery) should run in residential area...?? It should noise and air pollution... Machine was very noisy but our local people take some money from the factory owner for no objection.. But I want to close it... How can I apply or complain..??

Answers (4)

285 votes

a factory may run in a residential area, if the particular factory has obtained a commercial license. but since you are facing problems regarding the factory. you can easily take legal actions against the said factory. for further better advice more details is needed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

66 votes

first u have to complain to ur local councillor and mayor regarding the noise pollution and if u are not satisfy with ur councillor or mayor then u have to file civil suit against the bakery.

on the other hand. u can also complain against the bakery to food & safety officer regarding the matter

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience
105 votes

If the factory situated in residential area without proper permission of the concern authority then you can make a complaint before the Municipality Commission.
But without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

161 votes

A bakery ,per say, can not be termed as factory unless Directorate Factories of the concerned state issues license to carry on manufacturing process.Before issuance of such license, it is mandatory to obtain "consent to establish" certificate and for continuance of factory operations"consent to operate" certificate from the state pollution control Board . This is a statutory requirement to be fulfilled​ by the factory occupier.You are required to lodge a written complaint with the concerned pollution control Board with a copy to concerned director of factories.If tangible results are not received, file a petition with the National Green Tribunal of the concerned Zone making parties 1) Factory occupier 2) Factory director and 3) the state pollution control Board as respondents.Should you feel my professional assistance is required , contact lawRato.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles