Improper drainage system contaminating drinking water

Sir we are hindu and own a house in Nandgaon, tal dist satara. There is a drainage line passing very closely to our house. That drainage line is not properly built with cement and exists only as a digged long pit. Our drinking water pipeline passes through that pit. This creates contamination of water and we are prone to drink that contaminated water. We want that pit cum drainage line to be closed.

Answers (2)

95 votes

you can file a case under injunction and get fast remedy on it hence the matter is for the basic need and also go to high court for PIL [public interest Litigation] you will get 100% result in that case

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

250 votes

See in this situation you should first take steps at your own level by writing letters to the municipality and police requesting them to take appropriate actions.
If no action is taken despite repeated requests, you can approach the High Court directly and file a writ petition under article 226 of Constitution requesting the High Court to give directions to the municipality to take the necessary action.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles