How to withdraw a case filed under IPC

30-May-2023 (In Civil Law)
I cased against my son-in-low .sec 498B and 304B .can I withdraw the case? If possible that how?
Answers (3)

Answer #1
579 votes
Perhaps typographical mistake did occur.There is no section 498B in I P C.Section 498A is there in IPC. Section 304B in I P C is related to dowry death.Both the offences u/s 304B and 498A are non bailable and non compoundable.(for 498A, subject to conditions laid down in IPC)
You need to clarify at what stage the case is on? Considering the Dowry death case, you can consult with me,of you so desire, before any hasty decision.For further instructions contact lawRato.

Answer #2
885 votes
No. 304B is not a compounding Offence under Section 320 of Cr. P.C. therefore you are not permitted to withdraw the Case. But in respect of compromise or withdraw the same, you may contact with the Ld. Lawyer of your son-in-law, he will give you right way as I think so.
Answer #3
803 votes
Dear client,
As per your details and in response to your queries I would like to sugest that as the case under section 498A and 304B is non compundable section and its state versus case I fear that you cannot withdraw the case of your own accord

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."