How to prove in court that a person is a drug addict

How can we prove that someone is drug addict in the court like what kind of evidence or documents we need to prove addiction?

Answers (1)

The most relevant evidence to prove that a person is a drug addict is the report from a medical report. Expert opinion holds a lot of weightage in evidence law. Hence, a medical board may be constituted by the court to give a report on the drug intake of the person which can be a very crucial and relevant proof of a person's addiction to drugs.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
11 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

We have built a house on a plot after a panchayat partition after death of my grandfather's death.But the land documents remained in my grandfathe…

Read More

I am staying with my family in a flat owned by me. It is an appartment with 6 flats. Top floor flat owner making quarrel with us frequently. Even he i…

Read More

My neighbours use open toilet, without a septic tank. Inspite of repeated requests they are not constructing sanitary latrine. How can I get help of l…

Read More

Context: I'm concerned about the usage of fertile lands and for real estate development by the government. AP CRDA is pooling land of around 30000…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue