×

How to get property attached before any judgment?

Mother and son had executed me a promissory note for one lakh, now, they are selling their property. But the property was on the name of father, who was dead 15 years ago. How to take attachment of the property before judgement. Is it possible or not Please answer me...

Dear Sir, To my knowledge and information, You can file under Order 38 rule 5 of CPC

Where defendant may be called upon to furnish security for production of property—

(1) Where, at any stage of a suit, the Court is satisfied, by affidavit or otherwise, that the defendant, with intent to obstruct or delay the execution of any decree that may be passed against him,—

(a) is about to dispose of the whole or any part of his property, or

(b) is about to remove the whole or any part of his property from the local limits of the jurisdiction of the Court,

the Court may direct the defendant, within a time to be fixed by it, either to furnish security, in such sum as may be specified in the order, to produce and place at the disposal of the Court, when required, the said property or the value of the same, or such portion thereof as may be sufficient to satisfy the decree, or to appear and show cause why he should not furnish security.

(2) The plaintiff shall, unless the court otherwise directs, specify the property required to be attached and the estimated value thereof.

(3) The Court may also in the order direct the conditional attachment of the whole or any portion of the property so specified.

(4) If an order of attachment is made without complying with the provisions of sub-rule (1) of this rule such attachment shall be void.

Advocate Preeti Joshi
Shaniwar Peth, Pune