How to get money from PPF account of our deceased father

I am in visakhapatnam for 7 years my father expired in 2008,had a public provided fund account without nominee maintained in dehradun(uttarakhand) . at the time of death he was in delhi. in order to get money back which was in ppf from where i need to make succession certificate from delhi or can i make from visakhaptanam. my father was a government employee & my mother is family pensioner. how much time & money it takes ? any proceedure to make it shorten ? we are two sister and two brother all are staying in different place while one is reside in abroad. we siblings have very good relation and all we want money goes to our mother. How to proceed it?

Answers (1)

1. succession certificate has to be obtained from Delhi being the last residing address of your father. 2. Try to approach the office where your father was working to know the employee PF code provided to your father. 3. Approach the Employees' Provident Fund Organization, Dehradun where the PF amount/account of your father is being maintained. 4. take the Death certificate of your father along with you.
Queries: 1. At the time of expiry of your father whether he was in service or not? 2. Who received other benefits like gratuity, Leave encashment (if any) etc.
Note: your already late so kindly initiate all the process as soon as possible.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

This question is about my grandparents property. My grandparents property is now in case. My mother's brother has taken the property without notif…

Read More

Hello, My managing committee of a co-op housing society is using the refugee area for General body meetings. What action can be taken against them?…

Read More

I am pondy married tamilnad girl for . To apply govt job in here for wife asked vao resident certicate but he said 5 yr continuous residence needed . …

Read More

The encroacher on my house has fled to dubai and has six cases under 406,407,408. Now new strangers have started entering. Police have offered to orde…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue