How to get contempt & stay order

Sir/madam... We filed a WA in madras high court bench & got a order in our favour,we have decided to file contempt the opp party has not issued a stay order against us. My question being do thay hav to get the stay order in high court or in Supreme Court & how long will it take for them to do it. Thank you.

Answers (2)

92 votes


Your query does not clearly specify what your situation is.

You can file a contempt in the Madras high court itself if the opposite party has done an act in contravention of the order passed by the Madras high court in the WA

I'd be happy to assist you if you give me the full facts.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

124 votes

Reg to your post that you can file a contempt petition before the same highcourt and ask for necessary direction if the court satisfies your ple they call for records and summon the official to explain before the court

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I have one property in Bihar on my grand father's name. But this plot in under lot off dispute from starting almost 40 years because on this plot …

Read More

MY mother is a Principal In Semi-Aided Inter College of Budaun Affiliated to UP Board. She was appointed in 8.8.88 as an ad-hoc teacher.Then she was r…

Read More

I want to ask one question. Now stay order is working in landing problem or not .please can you able guide me.some people told stay order is removed n…

Read More

I am staying in co op society in mumbai last 24 years and case is filed by tenants besides society that original owner of this land was died without h…

Read More