How to get a stay order on transfer order in central government

I'm secretary of then group b officers association, recently the administration issued the transfer order irrationally without considering the choice of posting .can we challenge the issue in the court 0f law!

Answers (3)

If you are serving in central government department then you can approach to CAT and file case with seeking remedy by mentioning earlier service and you may ask relief under your personal difficulties

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If you are a central government employee and there are merits in your case, it is recommended that you move a petition before the Central Administrative Tribunal seeking a cancellation of the transfer. Please ensure that the grounds urged in the petition are strong.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience

Yes this can be challenge before the high court and get interim order of stay . All you have to do is file a petition in form of writ and seek for interi order or stay from getting transferred without reasonable cause .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I had given the power of attorney to my mother along with my brother and 2 sisters on 22/07/2000, after the death of my father for my ancestor’s…

Read More

notice given by municipality u/s Section 268 Powers of Commissioner to vacate any building.BPMC Act 1949. Reason for notice : Resident property used f…

Read More

I am seeking a divorce from husband of 20 years, I have 2 minor daughters, filed for a partition suit to claim share of ancestral property for my daug…

Read More

Sir/madam... We filed a WA in madras high court bench & got a order in our favour,we have decided to file contempt the opp party has not issued a …

Read More