GHMC is not giving permission to construct over my property

I recently purchased a property in Hyderabad, which is on a 60 feet road. Now while i apply for building permission, GHMC telling that the road is marked as 100 feet for the last 15 years. because of this, i am at huge loss as i will be loosing significant land. 1) I want to know can i put a case on government as i have been misinformed about 60 feet road 2) When all my neighboring sites got approvals earlier on 60 feet road, can i get clarity from government on when they are going to dismantle those buildings or will they be regularlized? 3) If these buildings get regularized both my left, right and back sides, isn't it fair for me to get permssions?

Answers (2)

127 votes

Given that the seller of the property has cheated you by hiding the fact that part of property is earmarked for road widening, you need to check the following
a) whether the land acquisition officer has paid any compensation to the seller of the property. If the land acquisition officer( you can check at GHMC office or MRO office) has paid compensation to the seller, then you should file a criminal case(cheating u/s 420 ) and also a civil suit under specific relief act asking the seller to compensate for your losses.

b) if there is no compensation paid to your seller, then you are entitled to claim compensation . In general compensation within City Limits is by way of permitting you to construct as per revised Floor space Index and build more floors (vertically. i.e instead of G+2 FLOORS, You will be permitted to construct G+4 Floors and like wise). You will still get permission to construct, but with higher number of floors and with some set back relaxation.
Hope this information is useful.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

237 votes

Hello sir,
U can apply to Ghmc under Right to Information Act so that u can avail any information you would like to, u can get clarity and more over u can be treated as along with others, if others granted permission, u can also get d same remedy

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles