GHMC is not giving permission to construct over my property

I recently purchased a property in Hyderabad, which is on a 60 feet road. Now while i apply for building permission, GHMC telling that the road is marked as 100 feet for the last 15 years. because of this, i am at huge loss as i will be loosing significant land. 1) I want to know can i put a case on government as i have been misinformed about 60 feet road 2) When all my neighboring sites got approvals earlier on 60 feet road, can i get clarity from government on when they are going to dismantle those buildings or will they be regularlized? 3) If these buildings get regularized both my left, right and back sides, isn't it fair for me to get permssions?

Hello sir,
U can apply to Ghmc under Right to Information Act so that u can avail any information you would like to, u can get clarity and more over u can be treated as along with others, if others granted permission, u can also get d same remedy

Given that the seller of the property has cheated you by hiding the fact that part of property is earmarked for road widening, you need to check the following
a) whether the land acquisition officer has paid any compensation to the seller of the property. If the land acquisition officer( you can check at GHMC office or MRO office) has paid compensation to the seller, then you should file a criminal case(cheating u/s 420 ) and also a civil suit under specific relief act asking the seller to compensate for your losses.

b) if there is no compensation paid to your seller, then you are entitled to claim compensation . In general compensation within City Limits is by way of permitting you to construct as per revised Floor space Index and build more floors (vertically. i.e instead of G+2 FLOORS, You will be permitted to construct G+4 Floors and like wise). You will still get permission to construct, but with higher number of floors and with some set back relaxation.
Hope this information is useful.

Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi