Does free home made sarbat distribution need any approval from govt.

Hi, I would like to distribute free homemade sarbhat this summer in Pune. Do I need to seek any approval or procure any certificate etc. I am not part of any business, NGO , org etc and this will be a small social service I want to do. Thanks

Answers (1)

322 votes

The requirement for registration and license would vary based on the format of the fresh fruit juice business. Unorganised fresh fruit juice shops seldom have any registrations except for a FSSAI registration. However, large format juice shops that have plans for creating a franchise model are typically established as a private limited company with FSSAI license to accommodate future scaling up of the business.

Pre-packaged fresh fruit juice businesses are almost always created as a private limited company to have easier access to bank or equity funding. Further, establishing a business as a corporate entity will also ensure its easily transferable, provides limited liability protection and has perpetual existence.

Its highly advisable for a new fresh fruit business or an existing fresh fruit juice business which has a unique name/brand to obtain trademark registration. Trademark registration will ensure the brand is not copied by competitors and the business is franchisable in the future.

Registration or licensing with the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is a must for all juice shops or juice businesses. The requirement between FSSAI registration and FSSAI license would vary based on the type and scale of the fruit juice business. In addition to the FSSAI license or registration, testing of bottled juices for various parameters and compliance with food labelling regulations in would might be mandated by FSSAI to ensure the product is safe for consumption.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles