Detention of mobile by educational institution for using in campus

If an educational institution acquired mobile phone for using in campus how we can recover it from them.

You have not posted the complete facts. It appears that use of mobile phone is not allowed in the campus but you had used and hence the educational institution has taken in their possession. They are required to return it, may be after cautioning the wrongdoer.

In this case, the education institutional authorities are not having any statutory right to acquire the mobile phone if used in the campus. They can only impose nominal amount as fine, if it is there in their prospectus or bylaw rules. You can file an application narrating the full details regarding to the issues happened in connection to the seizure of the phone to the College Principal and request him to hand it over back. If not giving back, you can approach the law court for the relief.

Regards,

PT Sheejish
Advocate,
Ernakulam

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow