Detention of mobile by educational institution for using in campus

If an educational institution acquired mobile phone for using in campus how we can recover it from them.

Answers (2)

You have not posted the complete facts. It appears that use of mobile phone is not allowed in the campus but you had used and hence the educational institution has taken in their possession. They are required to return it, may be after cautioning the wrongdoer.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


In this case, the education institutional authorities are not having any statutory right to acquire the mobile phone if used in the campus. They can only impose nominal amount as fine, if it is there in their prospectus or bylaw rules. You can file an application narrating the full details regarding to the issues happened in connection to the seizure of the phone to the College Principal and request him to hand it over back. If not giving back, you can approach the law court for the relief.


PT Sheejish

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

What will be the procedure of attachment of Bank Account of a Judgement Debtor in lieu of execution of Decree? Under which rule of Order 21 will it be…

Read More

we have 2 room in chawl, 1st room was in the name of my husband from 1980 to 2003 later on he transferred to his son in 2004, accordingly BMC issued h…

Read More

canteen taken by obtaining tender from commissioner of police having dispute between previous party who was running canteen now he threatened to curre…

Read More

If my wife having problem with neighbours & I am not involved in it can police also file kalandare on husband?…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue