Demolishing my Home by SDMC WITHOUT NOTICE and Prior Information

In Civil Law
Hey. Iam south west delhi resident. My home is located in densely populated street & colony. Reconstructed in 2018. It's 1 storey building and in authorised area. But Today JE with 7 Delhi police and 10 labours entered my home and demolished boundary and walls of terrace without showing us any legal order or permit. They even didn't gave us notice in advance. They just came and started demolishing. That JE even threatened me that if I want stop him then he will demolish my whole building and take away my LPG connection and cut away water & electricity connection. I want to know How they can do this without giving us notice or showing us court orders? And what can I do against that JE/SDMC as iam afraid that they will do something big tomorrow. False allegation was put on us by my neighbour. She had already lost one case in high court against us.But then also she is poking us again n again.I want final solution of this as she is already torturing us mentally. Iwant an urgent legal advic

Answers (2)

188 votes

What is the status of your house? Do you have a sanctioned building plan? Before any action, SDMc is required to give you a notice. did you receive one or one was pasted on the property? all future course depends on the complete information. You can either move an application for regularization of the property or approach HC on basis of apprehension. you can also challenge the demolition order, if any, before MCD Appellate Tribunal.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

154 votes

you have to file a writ petition in delhi high court against the JE and the govt official involved in such kind of activities. 9711, call 9380 nine eight. Further, advice can be provided after seeing all the necessary documents.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
14 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
23 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles