Compensation in case of over head high voltage transmission line

Sir, my piece of 9 kanals of habital land comes under high voltage transmission line of 200kv without an compensation.

Answers (2)

330 votes

You can move to High Court under writ jurisdiction seeking mandamus i.e. direction to state and authorities for compensation but before that move a representation to concerned department for compensation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

122 votes

What is the height of the line from the ground level? If the height of the line is 6 (six) metres or above from the ground then no compensation is granted. If the height of the line is below 6 (six) meters then in that case compensation may be granted.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

In partnership promoting business one partner filed suit against another partner and make us a party regarding purchase of a flat. Plaintiff claimed t…

Read More

I caught by police on 26 may 2016 because i had not license and helmet. They took my rc and give me e-challan of 700₹. But for some reason i could n…

Read More

How can I get a compensation for a land which is occupied illegally by rub ramp…

Read More

On 5th nov policemen came inside the hostel and beaten one student they drag him and take away him. And there is irresponsible behaviour of warden sta…

Read More