Clarification share claim by daughter in father's property

mother had jointly purchased house .Share certificate was on name of father.Father had filed nomination on children & mother.Child was minor hence mother was listed 1st name in nomination.father never evised the form even after child become major.After death of father , mother became member of the society .Son has filed suit in civil court that mother canot transfer right to third party as she is nominee as per father's nomination list.This is valid reason?She had contributed her streedhan for purchase of house then also she is nominee? she can not sell the house without sign of son?.

Answers (3)

Thanks for asking query to me.
That the mother and children is nominee of that house/ property.
They are not owner of that property. But after death of father mother and children have legal rights in that property. Children have equally right in that property. Mother can not sold that house simultaneously. Nominee is not owner of property its mere nomination .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hello dear querist, thank you for your query, as per your query i would like to suggest that even though the Father has named your and your son's name in the nomination form of your flat, it doesn't mean that you or your son becomes owner of the flat. As per law you and your son are legal heirs of your husband but you need to apply for succession certificate for the same. For more detailed information kindly contact on my number

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience

Nominee is not the owner but the trustee of the property and therefore is merely a caretaker of the property till the legal heirs attend the maturity. In your case the nominee is also a legal heir so she also has the beneficial rights over the property as held by bombay high court in case of Ramdas Shivram Sattur in 2009.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

We are in relationship since last three years now she forced me to do marry otherwise she will filed case against me or my family then how can we get …

Read More

Kya shadisuda beti ka adhikar dada jee ka sampati me hai jo ki pushtaini sampati hai...... Hamare patidar me 1mere bhabhi batwara suit file darj kiye …

Read More

I have lost my wallet when I was traveling overseas. It's been about 10 months now and I haven't filed for an FIR for the lost IDs - voter car…

Read More

How to file a case against daily serials of different TV channels…

Read More