Clarification regarding commencement of limitation period for appeal

Order in summary suit granting leave to defend but subject to defendant depositing 12.50 lakh in court. Order erroneously mentions amount as Rs. 2.50 lakh.Defendant wishes to appeal.Speaking to the Minutes Order subsequently modifies original order. Does fresh period of 30 days begin to run from date of speaking to the minutes order for the purpose of appeal?

Answers (2)

Yes fresh period is taken into consideration once the speaking to the minutes is done, but at the same time speaking to the minutes should be done within the time frame of the Order which is passed earlier.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You can move an application under section 151 of Civil Procedure Code for modification of the order. As the error is minor and inadvertent so the change can be incorporated easily. When the order is modified, the limitation will be counted from that day as that will be the final day of order but if your request for modification is declined on any ground then the date of order will be considered.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
11 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

What is the detailed procedure for getting Certificate of Fitness for Leave to Appeal to Supreme Court from HIGH COURT?…

Read More

After appealing the court the respondent has not responded from Dec 2016 till today website showing "NO VAKALAT FOUND"still on " FOR AD…

Read More

We had land disputes with x party and police filed FIR against x party.its States v/s x party.Case was in district court from last 2yr and now x party…

Read More

Made a second appeal against vasai virar municipal corporation in state information commission konkan and they gave me a date for hearing. Now my quer…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue