Clarification on road in front of house being blocked by plot owner

Sir, I belongs to Hindu Dheevra(OBC). I am a defence personal, I purchased a old hope plot in 2008 in panchayat (Trichur). In my document its clearly written that front side 10feet Road. This Road built by panchayat it was there also. After one year i visited the site that time it was shocking approach road starting is there but just b4 my plot owner block the road with holobricks temp construction. 150 mtr panchayat road every where it is 10ft but infront of his house hardly road width is 5ft.I filed case in police & panchayat. Panchayat sent notice to him to clear it. It was two year b4

Answers (3)

221 votes

From you question your expected remedy is not written. I understood from you query that the Panchayath Road having a width of 10 feet, lies in front of your plot is now reduced by a third party and you are seeking remedy for that.
The police have no right to interfere in a case which is of civil nature. Since the your case is of Civil nature normally they wont take any action. But the panchayath can take appropriate action against the person who reduced the width of the road. If they dont take any action you can approach the Ombudusman for local self govt. against Panchayath. You can also file a suit against the panchayath and third party in civil court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

290 votes

you can move before civil court and get an order for mandatory injunction to remove the block against the owner. You can also seek an injection order not to restrain you from using the road as per the title deed.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience
191 votes

You have many ways to proceed. Before SDM and Munsiff court as well. But in order to apt relief, better to go with civil suit. You will have to consult a civil lawyer at your locality. Construction of suit depends on circumstances

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

What are the rights and benefits of a sc student in west bengal?…

Read More

In a medical college in  teaching posts advertised but reserved for schedule caste,obc, and tribe has been turned into general category,GC teache…

Read More

Good afternoon sir, We belong to OBC community - D category. Both my parents are working as Govt teachers in Andhra Pradesh. Am I eligible to get OBC …

Read More

my child is appearing NEET exam. Under BOC category we possess Cast validity. To avail admission under OBC we need to produce Non creamy layer certifi…

Read More