Cancellation of admission owing to personal reason

In Civil Law
I secured admission in MDS in a deemed university in first week nov 2022. I joined the college and I have paid 70 percent of my first year fee. But my mother passed away suddenly in the last week of nov 2022. Due to this my family is struggling financially and I will have to be home since there is no one else to take care of my younger sister. I also have been diagnosed with mental health issue. Owing to the above mentioned reasons I cannot continue with my MDS course. The college has my original documents. It is mandatory for us to submit a bond that if we leave a college midway we will have to pay full fees though I have not submitted any such bond as of yet. I believe the college will not give my documents back unless I make full payment of fees for 3 years which is a huge amount and I cannot afford it. Is there anything that can be done to retrieve my documents back and atleast some amount of money that I paid as 1st year fees?

Answers (1)

92 votes

Well, you can send a legal notice to your college to recover your Documents which you have submitted them, as they cannot withheld the Documents which are very pivotal from your career point of view as it is unprofitable as well as illegal.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
15 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles