Can we file a complaint against lawyer

How to file a complaint against a lawyer? What is the procedure? Which body governs this? Is this the bar council? Can a lawyer be sued for his/her poor service even after spending lot of money leading to no results, verdict, orders or jusice?

Answers (1)

185 votes

A complaint against an advocate has to be in the form of a petition to the Bar Council of respective state. It has to be duly signed and verified as required under the Code of Civil Procedure. You should lodge a complaint against him before the Bar Council of State stating all the material facts along with necessary evidences. The concerned Bar Council take action after providing opportunity of hearing to both the parties.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles