Can we file a complaint against lawyer

How to file a complaint against a lawyer? What is the procedure? Which body governs this? Is this the bar council? Can a lawyer be sued for his/her poor service even after spending lot of money leading to no results, verdict, orders or jusice?

A complaint against an advocate has to be in the form of a petition to the Bar Council of respective state. It has to be duly signed and verified as required under the Code of Civil Procedure. You should lodge a complaint against him before the Bar Council of State stating all the material facts along with necessary evidences. The concerned Bar Council take action after providing opportunity of hearing to both the parties.

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow