Can a false witness be punished under law

24-Apr-2023 (In Civil Law)
Sir mujhe ye puchna hai ki agar koi local commission ke samne gavae deta hai .or fhir baad Mai mana kr deta hai to ky uske oper koi case laag skta hai ..pls reply me fast....
Answers (5)

Answer #1
953 votes
If a person give evidence before local commissioner and then revert back before the court then in this case you can file criminal case against that person on the ground of giving false evidence but you have to prove that.

Answer #2
659 votes
there is difference of false witnesseth and witness turned hostile. if some body appearing against you made false statement he can be punished but if some body appeared on your behalf and made certain statement & later on he turned hostile then he can not be punished.
Answer #3
503 votes
Complete Details not provided, however:

Please Note: Not appearing / recalling statement is not equal to "false evidence"

Please see Section 191 of Indian Penal Code:

Section 191 in The Indian Penal Code 191.

Giving false evidence.—Whoever, being legally bound by an oath or by an express provision of law to state the truth, or being bound by law to make a declaration upon any subject, makes any statement which is false, and which he either knows or be­lieves to be false or does not believe to be true, is said to give false evidence. Explanation 1.—A statement is within the meaning of this sec­tion, whether it is made verbally or otherwise. Explanation 2.—A false statement as to the belief of the person attesting is within the meaning of this section, and a person may be guilty of giving false evidence by stating that he believes a thing which he does not believe, as well as by stating that he knows a thing which he does not know.
Answer #4
560 votes
yes case laga sakte under section 340. Koi bhi gavai agar on oath di jaye aur woh galat ho ya galat sabit ho jaye toh uss case mein aap uss gavai ke against section 340 of Cr.pc for perjury ki application file kar sakte ho.
Answer #5
897 votes
Police se samne gavae di h agar to wo kal kabhi bh apni baat badal sakta h
Koi case nahi ban sakta
Par agar court me ye sabit ho jata h k witness ne jhuti gavae di h to uspe case ho sakta h.
Or use saza bh ho sakti h

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."