×

Can a Central Government Officer file a case against a Private person

Can a Central Government Officer file a civil and criminal defamation case against a Private person / Apartment Owner Association, if the Private person / Apartment Owner Association has placed false allegations on the Central Government officer supported by people residing in the complex.

Yes central government employee , state government employee or any other local body or corporation employee have right to reputation . You can file case for defamation against person or association defaming your reputation by false allegations.
Contact me on phone or email for further detail.

Yes central government employee may also file defamation case against the private person/ 's because being public servant his rights also continues as other persons have and not only defamation he may file criminal complaint also subject to he have the proof and evidences to support his statement.

Advocate Preeti Joshi
Shaniwar Peth, Pune

Yes, through a Writ Petition filed under Section 226 of Indian Criminal Procedural Code, therefore challenging the veracity of the case registered as well as challenging the investigating authorities( such as police, ED, SIT etc).
For this you would need a Lawyer in the high court.