×

quesAdvice regarding general power of attorney

Below are the statements of a general power of attorney for a plot:

I provide following rights to the attorney holder:
1. In described property, if any dispute get raised then attorney holder can appear in any court from lower court to higher court, can file application, affidavit, appeal, revision, etc i.e. all those proceedings for which I have right to.

By this statement did the attorney holder got the right to sell or make compromise of property?

Thanks in Advance

• ansYes, this does mean that the rights are with the attorney holder

1. In described property, if any dispute get raised then attorney holder can appear in any court from lower court to higher court, can file application, affidavit, appeal, revision, etc i.e. all those proceedings for which I have right to

No, by the above statement the attorney holder has no right to sell the property.

Advocate Siddhant Sharma

Greater Kailash-1, Delhi