Advice in case police harass the couple for staying in hotel.

If i stay with my girlfriend In a hotel, we are unmarried but above 18 is it illegal. ...what should we do if police made a raid on hotel and do the forcefully action with us.. .

Answers (3)

Kindly avoid going to such hotels were raids happen. It is not illegal to stay in hotel if you both are adult and having valid government ID proof. But usually police harass such couples if found. Basically they just try to do moral policing to extract money. Kindly be aware before booking a place.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

This is known as moral policing and is not permitted. You can complain to the higher ups of the concerned police officer. Always co-operative with the police for dispensing with their public duty, however without letting your personal freedoms being jeopardised in any manner.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
10 years Experience

if both of you are above 18 age, then it is not illegal to stay with your girlfriend in any hotel room or at any place, if in that situation also police takes coercive steps against both of you then you can complain about that police officers or can take legal action against them.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I need a suggestion that my boyfriend used me by physically and he said that he will marry to me and i have proofs also like chats or pitures.. Now he…

Read More

Please let me know the meaning of " It is not true to suggest that as there is no such condition in Ex.A1, Iam under the obligation to receive th…

Read More

Recently I had an accident and a person died in the accident, so before the accident I applied for the my passport but was held at regional passport o…

Read More

We have notified for long about the seapage of our upstairs neighbour toilet from the roof of our toilet and requested many times to fix it. He makes…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue