What is the procedure to file for visitation right to meet daughter?

Wife had file for divorce under 13-1(ia) & (ib) at patiala house. i had never ever attended a single hearing or filed W/S despite of fact that i can easily prove that she had perjured. Now i want to file the visitation rights for our daughter (age -3). pls advice under what section it can filed and can be listed out under the same case.

Answers (1)

407 votes

"You need to file a custody petition under the Guardians and Wards Act. Normally, it would have to be filed before the court under whose jurisdiction the ward is currently residing. Visitation rights can also be set up through such a petition. The in-laws will be compelled to produce the child before the judge and it is only in extreme circumstances that custody/visitation is denied to a natural parent.
You should also file an application under Section 340 CrPC before the court where perjury was committed. This application will initiate criminal proceedings against your wife (and any other involved parties) for perjury. Feel free to get in touch if we could be of any further assistance to you. "

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles