what are my rights towards my child as my husband punishes her a lot

We are family of four with 4years girl child, whom my mom-in- law abuses and provokes my husband to punish her for very silly reasons. As Iam working and my child is at home alone with her while I am at office, she is used to emotionally harass her. I have observed and tried to peacefully resolve the issue, but there is no control and my child used to show signs of depression, even at school, which lead to leave my home and stay at my mother's place. Its now one month and I see improvement in my child's behaviour and health. But now, my husband is threatening to take away my child from me

You have discussed your problem however you haven't asked any remedy.

However if you are dissatisfied, tortured by your family, we suggest you should file a police complaint and also forward the same to women cell.

Further you can file a domestic voilence case against your husband thereby seeking right to residence and interim maintenance.

In case you want divorce , you can file a divorce case under Section 13(1) thereby seeking divorce on ground of cruelty.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers