what are my rights towards my child as my husband punishes her a lot

We are family of four with 4years girl child, whom my mom-in- law abuses and provokes my husband to punish her for very silly reasons. As Iam working and my child is at home alone with her while I am at office, she is used to emotionally harass her. I have observed and tried to peacefully resolve the issue, but there is no control and my child used to show signs of depression, even at school, which lead to leave my home and stay at my mother's place. Its now one month and I see improvement in my child's behaviour and health. But now, my husband is threatening to take away my child from me

Answers (1)

438 votes

You have discussed your problem however you haven't asked any remedy.

However if you are dissatisfied, tortured by your family, we suggest you should file a police complaint and also forward the same to women cell.

Further you can file a domestic voilence case against your husband thereby seeking right to residence and interim maintenance.

In case you want divorce , you can file a divorce case under Section 13(1) thereby seeking divorce on ground of cruelty.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles